Sunday, February 18, 2018

I realized that I never posted what I created for the first Miriam Haskell challenge. This is the necklace and earrings from the first set. The petals on the large flower were painted with nail polish because I could not find the color that I wanted. Tiny white pearls were stitched in  the center and the flower was attached to an oval filigree. Then I used the metal flowers from the kit with bright pink pearls as centers on the lower corner of the filigree. The top has small pink glass flowers with white pearl centers. Two pink glass leaves finish the focal. The straps are the large white glass rounds separated by pink seed beads in the Haskell style. A box clasp from the kit is the closure. The earrings are one of the white glass rounds above three of the small pink glass flower dangles.
I created the pin on a metal form from the kit. White seed beads wrap the frame as I have seen in Haskell pieces. The center is more of the pink glass flowers with some cranberry colored ones also. A pink flower slider was used for the largest flower . A clear AB glass leave is the accent. Lastly I created another pink petal flower in a single layer that matches the necklace to use on the bracelet. The band is the large white rounds matching the necklace. Although I have never seen a Haskell piece with a snap as a clasp I chose to use one for the bracelet. If you don't know who Miriam Haskell is I suggest that you google her as you will see some of the most amazing pieces of jewelry. I had a wonderful time creating these jewelry pieces. I hope you like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment