Monday, February 22, 2016

Bead It Forward is a cause that is dear to my heart. Jeanette Shanigan started the project to honor her mother who died of beast cancer. It has turned into an international project. Beaders from all over the world stitch squares on a theme. This years theme was   “Space: Out there somewhere, there’s a cure”. These squares are assembled into quilts, shadowboxes, ornaments, and other items. These items are auctioned off and the funds go to breast cancer research. The top pic shows the two squares that I stitched this year. I asked the members of my bead group to participate also. The second pic shows the squares that I received. I have joined in this worthwhile effort of 6 years now. My Mom and sister have both had breast cancer so anything I can do to help eradicate this terrible disease I want to. I just learned yesterday that a friend of mine has breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment