Friday, February 28, 2014

Jennifer VanBenschten who writes Beading Daily announced a kumihimo challenge and I decided to participate. I have had the bobbins loaded for this project for about a year so this was the push I needed to finish this project. I made the strap and focal wrap for the necklace with kumihimo and beads. The enameled flower center was a pin that the mechanism was broken on. I could not find bead caps that I liked for this project so I made my own using polymer clay (first time I did that). I had planned on pushing the beads into the clay for some texture but this did not work out well so I attached the seed beads on wire and wound them around the caps. I used more of the wire to make the bail. A lucite flower completes the focal. I used brass wire to make my clasp. The link to post this for the challenge doesn't work so I am just posting it on my blog. I am glad that I finally finished this project.

8 comments:

  1. This is a great disguise, Becky :) I love it when all the elements cooperate. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Monique, I am glad that you like my necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful necklace! I've been meaning to give kumihimo a try ... I think I too have it loaded and waiting! ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Cynthia. You will like kumihimo. It works up fast and is very flexible.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful kumihimo work. That's something I want to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Eileen. It is easy and works up fast. I think that you will like kumihimo.

      Delete
  5. One of these days I'd love to try kumihimo! My oldest son learned it in a class in school last year and enjoyed it. Your necklace is stunning with so many great elements from my favorite colors to the beautiful focal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx Cindy. I'm glad that you like my design. I think that you will like kumihimo. It works up fast and is easy to do. It would look great with some of your wirework.

    ReplyDelete