Sunday, December 23, 2012


I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I just love Christmas time. I take great pride in my tree. Over the years we have made many of the ornaments including painting eggs from our chickens. I by Christmas ornaments to remember special occasions. I even have a book that I enter all my ornaments in.  This year I got a special treat. Back in the early 70's I was in a Leewards craft store and saw my first beaded Christmas tree. I thought that it was the most beautiful thing I had ever saw. However the cost of the kit was what we were living on for a whole month so I knew that it was just a dream. I also knew that some day I would make one and I started collecting small treasures to put on it. This year when I went to bead retreat in the fall Julie had a Christmas tree kit for $5.00. I finally got my mini-beaded tree. I have spent the last week making and decorating it. I don't have the toys and presents under it yet but I wanted to show it anyway. Hope you like it. I am sure that over time I will make more ornaments and replace some of the simpler ones, but for now I am happy.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Becky! I hope you had a very nice Christmas.
    WOW!!!! Your beaded tree is amazing. I can't believe the kit was just $5.00! I had to click on the photos to enlarge them to see even more detail - I am really impressed. How long did it take to make a tree like that?? It truly will be a family heirloom, it is just so beautiful....right down to the little tree skirt! I like how you show it right on your beading mat complete with pliers....highlights something unique that can be made with beads!
    I hope you and your family have a nice weekend and a very Happy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy Thanx, the tree took 2 days and I spent a couple more making the ornaments. I'm glad that someone saw my tree. It was really fun & I am proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is so festive and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Sharon, I'm proud of it. I waited a long time for it.

      Delete