Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Real Treasure Chest!!! Yesterday  in the mail I got my first Bead Hoard Curiosities Club package. In case you don't know about it Suzanne at A Grain Of Sand bought 4 semi-trailers of vintage beads, some of them are from the 20's &  30's. For $39.95 you can get a mixed package. How fun is that? Here's a pic of what I got.  Isn't it great. Here's a link to the site so you can go look too  http://www.agrainofsand.com/
They are a  great bead supply source for Unique Vintage and Contemporary Beads and Findings.

Now for what I made yesterday. The first necklace has a geometric focal that started life as an earring.  It came as a single in a mixed box that I bought. I used black 6mm bicones, charcoal grey metalic rounds, Dark amber size 8 seed beads, Purple glass rounds, &  silver leaves. There is one small red bicone above the focal to draw your eye there.
Necklace #2 is made with Ruby glass bicones, rondelles, &  drops. I used black 6mm bicones &  seeds &  gold stardust 4mm rounds &  seeds. This piece of jewelry closes with a gold toggle clasp.  I am getting anxious for the craft show which gets closer each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment