Friday, April 6, 2012

I have 3 handmade pieces of jewelry to show you today. The first necklace has an enameled oval pendant made by Sara of C-Koop Beads. Isn't it fabulous? I made a spiral on non-tarnish silver wire for the pendant to hang  on. I topped it with a dark rose crystal rondelle &  a dark capri 8mm bicone to make a focal.  I used dyed blue agate rounds, pink&  clear swirled coin beads,  matte clear AB discs, & rose 6mm bicones to mirror the colors in the pendant. The necklace has a lobster clasp &  jump ring closure.

Next I decided to use some of the beads that came in my treasure box . Since Pantones color of the year is tangarine tango I started with the vintage 12mm (very close to 1/2") orange acrilic beads(I think that they are lucite but they weren't marked so I'm just calling them acrilic.) I capped them with bright orange glass flowers. I also used small white glass rounds. The accent beads are montana fire polished drops. I kept it simple to let the beads shine. The closure is a gold toggle clasp.

 The third necklace also is made with beads from my treasure box. (if you missed it see yesterdays post). This time I used purple acrilic pearls in sets of three. Between the sets I put a 12mm white faceted glass round also from the treasure box of vintage stuff. I used dark purpleAB faceted rondelles too. The center of the strand has 2 darker purple glass pearls. On a headpin I put one of the rondelles, one of the vintage purple pearls, a big hole white ceramic bead with purple flowers on it (I found a tube bead that just fit inside the big hole to make the ceramic bead stable instead of floppy.) , one of the vintage white beads, &  another rondelle complete the focal. A silver lobster claw clasp &  a jump ring are the closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment